27 February 2011

Fight or flight

Had a total flight moment on the day of Mom's funeral service.  I never imagined how incredibly hard it would be to get up and walk into a church, let alone a church I had been raised with.  But something was missing.  My mommy.  total flight mode.  I did not want to be there.
Ugh.  I totally lost it going in that building.  Seeing the steps, the kitchen etc.  I grew up there in the arms of my mother, my pseudo Mom Eileen and any other women's guild member.   I had the hardest time concentrating on the directions of Father Bob, the best man for the job of the homily or sermon at my mother's funeral (good choosing Margie).  I walked like a Parisian down the aisle for the run through of the offering (my job).  Ugh, so hard.  I mean my mom and her Golden Girls built that place and to not see the best and most golden of them, was crazy hard.  Lost it over and over again.  Hard to imagine going back there without her.  She was a one in a million.
got to see my pops again right before he was joined again with his Margie.  Amazing to think that since 1968 the longest they had gone without each other was the grueling 6 months between Lou and Marge's deaths.  It was all him.  he was bored and tired of being without his soulmate, rock, chatter box. 
On a lighter note, Chad finished his 10K with an excellent time by his or my standards.  He even saw the trail ride into Houston, something I have been meaning to see but always see to be busy.  Next time.  Now is the time to come to visit Houston.  Rodeo time.  Or maybe in October for the Tutankamun exhibit at MFAH. 
Ready to run from Phoenix. Flight on Tuesday.  I hope I last that long....

No comments: