06 January 2011

That horrible call

Nothing worse than that call in the midday telling you someone is gone forever.  This week was a bad one.  My auntie Laura aka Zorka this time.  Now she was the spry age of 88 and had just celebrated her sister's 90th birthday.  My heart goes out to all the Pips at this time.  She was a great lady.  So classy and elegant.  Still painted her nails.  Drank coffee like all us Stipechs.  And enjoyed her life.  I love that my last memory of her was this summer at the reunion.  When Chad was introduced, she refused a hand shake and asked for a hug.  Always hugs from the strapping young fellows for this youngest of the Stipechs.  Love you Zorka.  Tell Uncle Johnny hi!

Amazing that on the way home I heard the BeeGees "How deep is your love?"  Vaguely recall cruising with the eldest Pip to that song way back in the day.  We had the most contact with side of the family.  They were consistently braving the summer heat to come golf, hang out and eat Mom's enchiladas with a frosty beer.  Salute, sante and cheers to your family.
My friends the Brothers L who came to Paris lost their dad this week as well.  I told you.  He had be failing of a while and is relieved now of his suffering.  Time for some rest for everyone.
Feel like I should write something deep but I think the best thing is from Kurt Vonnegut's character Billy Pilgrim of SlaughterHouse 5.  "So it goes."  Still waiting to see who number three is.  Hope it is none of us, touch wood.

No comments: