26 December 2010

Post Christmas shopping

Post Christmas musings.  I made the cassoulet and must (unabashedly) proclaim that it was the best cassoulet I have ever tasted.  the sausage and duck fell apart in the broth and the bacon bits in the beans made me and my tummy so happy.  We were so distracted by the goodness, we forgot to pop our Christmas crackers.  I guess those will wait for another meal this week.
My mom got her Kindle.  I am sure she was just overwhelmed by the day to realize exactly what it entails.  I did make a bet with my sister that she won't get Mom on a computer but maybe we start her with a Kindle, work up to an IPOD then she might be ready for a 'puter.
I didn't end up with the sexy boots I bought for my sis.  She is keeping them.  Her boyfriend is a big fan.
My brother is off to Pasadena for a week of volunteering to help with the building of Rose Parade floats.  I hope he takes lots of pictures to share this experience.  Someday UA will be in the Rose Bowl and I will take it in.  Someday.
Did my post-holiday shopping already.  I got my half priced candles at Michaels, restocked on wrapping paper from Target, and I did my online bargain hunting at Crate and Barrel this morning.  I managed one year to stumble on the good deals but parking at Highland Village and all of Westheimer is worth any shipping and handling charges.  Total of $8 in s/h well worth avoiding that cluster.
We are off to spend some Best Buy money to hook up to Netflix.  We have spent quite the amount of money on Red Box (conveniently at our local CVS) and figure we could avoid the late rental fees (when it is cold and I refuse to walk in freezing rain).  I will let you know how this goes.  I remember thinking "why on earth do I need to hook my BluRay player up to the internet?"  Ah, the lightbulb goes off.
Watch for a few winners on WW.  I just about lost it when one of them showed up behind us on sale.

No comments: