25 December 2010

Joyeux Noel

Joyeux Noel, Froeliche Weinachten and a Merry Texmas for a blustery 41 degree F Houston TX.  Yes earlier this week we had the windows open and even the AC on in the 3rd floor.  Today I am very glad Chad got me my layering camis, fleece and down vest.  Brr!
Pictures are once again out of order.  don't like new Blogger and my iMac uploads.  Oh well.


 From my brother.  A bit of channelling from our father no doubt.  It has a hat in it.  Can't wear outside, the lesbian bar down the street might have issue with the rainbow theme.
 Adam my gnome wanted some friends so TEX joined our family.  Yeeh haw!  Except tomorrow we are still Bronchos fans mostly in this house.
 Berli and his new rope/ball combo chew toy.  Fully saturated with saliva before the stockings were emptied.
 My lovely but evil Starbucks mugs as requested.  Chad didn't read the fine print "HAND WASH ONLY"  so these are only staying until tomorrow.  Bye bye fancy SS mugs.  You aren't worth the dishpan hands.
 Tonights meal in progress.   Cassoulet with beans, a whole mess of pork products, 2 halves of a duck, onions, garlic and the hint remainders of the bouquet garni I already fished out.  It is in hour 2 of its 4 hour simmer in the oven.  Next top with bread crumbs and wait for the crust to form.
 My Dear Madame Duncan sent me dessert plates with cities on them.  I have never been to Tokyo or New York but the London, Paris, Barcelona, Venice all have checks on them.  Merci pour la cadeau, j'adore le deux (tu et mes assiettes)
 More of Berli enjoying the heck out of his toy.  He also got greenies bones and poop bags, just what any dog would love.
 Junior is oh so thrilled about his Loofa Fish bone toy.  Can't you see the glint of happiness in his eyes?
 Last nights masterpiece, the Tartiflette pizza.  First one came out a bit Flammekuchen but the second one was right on.  Cream, potatoes, bacon, onions and reblochon cheese.  I thought eating like an American in France was pricey, eating like an Frenchmen in America is worse.  Won't confess how much the wheel of cheese was but that is one cher pizza.


see the second one is pretty.  Thanks for the pizza stone and marble rolling pin, Mom.  Used them both.

I got Chad his bike so he only had a few things to open this morning.  Mostly consumable gifts, French variety honey, bread dipping sauce, zero calorie drink mix.  Hey what can I say, he is easy!
I got spoiled with a necklace, clothes, board game BezzerWizzer (trivia and trickery so I should rock this game), and a new UA sweatshirt.  A bit of confusion there as the box clearly says Linda Nickell but the invoice inside is not anyone I know.  got to double check with the bookstore.
Merry Christmas.  Time to go upstairs and out of the meat locker that is the downstairs office.  Brr!

No comments: