12 December 2010

photos

Chez Nickell with electrical approval from Chad Nickell, PE (AZ)

 I am so awesome I got Chad a new bike for Christmas.  Okay not really but I did give him the okay and a pretty lenient budget.  He was astounded by how much lenience I gave him but I figure he has had Frankenbike for almost 20 years, it is time to upgrade.
For those who want to be in the know (Brad), it is this year's Specialized Rockhopper with 29 inch tires, disk brakes and several accessories.
 Said disc brakes.  
 new light

 frame
 new resting place in the garage right by Chad's car, and beloved toolchest.
 egg beater pedals and the shoes to go with it (not in photo)
He is so excited that I am "letting" him try it out before the actual holiday.  I figure he has waited 19 years, might as well let the boy have his ride.
I get Franken bike now.  Franken bike is a lovely ride, just old and pieced together with all mis-matching parts.  The title Franken bike especially comes from the fact Chad sewed a tear in the saddle.  Mis-matching parts and a cool scar, it had to be Franken-bike.
A nice photo of downtown.  I tried to get us on the holiday boat tour but the boat never showed.  They will be getting a nasty call from me.  There was another couple waiting as well, i hope they complain as well.  We came home with a stop at Red Box for the next blu-ray to watch.  Just another Christmas time Saturday in Houston.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

I will be sure to direct Brad to this post! You are funny!!!