22 November 2010

Fun at the leveled house

So with Chad enamored with checking his fantasy football scores, I have taken one of our creature comforts and fully exploited it.  Our phones have an intercom function.  Serves its purpose way better than trying to shout down the stairs at one another.  Now we use it to update each other on scores (Denver is losing badly currently) and ask for small favors (get me a beer!).  Not being lazy, actually it saves on the dog since all he does is follow me around.  Less stairs for him is a good thing.
I accidently pulled on the beast's leg and heard a weird yelp.   That got Mom to get him plenty of treats from his new dispenser in the kitchen.  He enjoys not getting sprayed with snow while I get him a treat.  Still no light on the new dispenser but it is so pretty, I will let it get away with it for now.
Hooray my house in Phoenix is rented once again!  Whoo hee!  That saves me about $900 bones a month so all good.  Means I should be able to buy the disc brake bike Chad wants for Christmas.  Bad news is my property manager found evidence of termites.  Oh well.  As is said in AZ realty, there are two kinds of homes:  those with termites and those who soon will have termites.  Should not be a big deal.  Just a treatment or two.  Enjoy the petit Maison de Ashby (still in my maiden name)!
Off to catch the last part of the game.  Got to keep the Broncos fan legit and spy on my second home, San Diego.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Love the intercom system. Sometimes I think Brad and I sue that to talk more than in person. :) Congrats on getting the house rented out again. $900 is huge!