14 July 2010

Wordy Wednesday

14 July 2010- Sorry but I forgot to pack a card reader or the cord to my camera to get my pictures to show you. I have only taken some in TX and Tucson. Too hot to lug the big guy around Phx. I will today, I promise for a giant super sized blog post next week.
In Phoenix and driving around in parts I haven't in over 5 years, is weird. I had lunch with some HS girlfriends in Scottsdale, don't think I had been close to that area since leaving for good. I haven't driven by my house, I need to. The front tree needs some shaping before it dies, sad face. It is a great bushy tree that blocks most of the sun and really keeps the house cool with the shutters down.
Today is getting my parents stuff out of storage day. They are not camping anymore and don't need a huge house full of Christmas decor (repeat topic) for an small apartment. And since there are no small Ashbys, the doll bed and other would be heirlooms need to find a better home. I am off to photo all of it and have the family meeting over who wants what. None of this leaving the stuff for the next owner, that is just bad juju!
I met up with a dear friend after 3 years of MIA status. Turns out he is travelling a lot and is in HOUSTON at least every 6 weeks. I hear the first guest at Chez Nickell! I hope he will stay with us at least some of the time, he is on the road a lot and desires the simple things (a midnight glass of milk, raiding a fridge and not having the minibar bill in the morning, hanging out with friends). Happy things to make me smile.
Another guarantee smile maker is XM radio station of Margaritaville. I heard the song "Math Sucks" and several other classic beach hilarity songs. I still need that beach vacation, I guess our family reunion trip to Portland might have to do for now.
A happy 14 juillet to those in France and Happy Bastille Day to those in the rest of the world. Vivez la revolution! Any excuse to eat drink and watch fireworks!
sorry for no birthday post Wendy. Blonde girl here typing, next time!

No comments: