06 July 2010

a bit sad for this Christmas in July

6 July 2010- Hard to be a bit sad with something like this in the garage!!!!
Chad finally pulled the trigger. We have been going round and round about his car choice since oh, we left for France. His finally list was 12 or 13. We drove the Mini Cooper (too go-carty), M45 (too many miles), 350Z (truck like), 370Z (fast but pricey), Z4 (peppy and easy), SL 55 AMG (way too fast and more than 5 minutes to figure out the AC controls), and S2000 (motorcycle on 4 wheels). I loved the BMW when i drove it. So easy. Top goes down in less than 15 seconds, fully automatic. We bought Chad's from a high end dealer, Bentleys in the showroom, nice!!!. I would do that again, buy the cheapest car from the pricey dealer. Even with the test drives and mid day nap while it was being pampered to a spa treatment, it was still less than the 5 hours it took for my car buying experience. Unreal.
PS the salesman who sold me Quin Chrome is no longer with the dealership. I haven't even started the review process from GM so it must have been someone else who complained...
My real reason for sadness (not just Chad is gone for the night) is the attic held all the Christmas decorations and some personal items of the previous owners. I swear these people just have it out for me. The house went on the market around Christmas and I found lots of pet christmas treats/gifts in the house on first inspection. Guess things went wrong for the couple around then. I found stockings, all the trees (4 small and 1 large), scads of lights, bags of garland, sparkly Holy Family and the like. I felt horrible picking thru it all but there is no way I am keeping it all.








What really made me sad was seeing that also left was her first wedding items (I mean all, cake serving set, ring pillow, photos and the leftover cocktail napkins) was that they were just left behind. Now I don't claim to understand everyone but at one point you were tied to this person and now you just leave it for the next owner to deal with. I have called the owner directly twice, I get why he doesn't care (he is ex-husband #2) and his power of attorney, no response. I feel horrible throwing this stuff out but obviously she did not want it.
It does reaffirm my feelings that weddings are a scam. Who needs 400 cocktail napkins, the guestbook pen and several "Our first Christmas" ornaments, yikes. I don't need that stuff. I don't even have a picture from that day. My friend who has a bridal store makes way too much money from selling white things to people. I have our annoucement and the judge's card. My mom's dress was worn 3 times (mom, aunt and friend) so that must be where I get this from. I now have a house and two cars with the money we "saved" from having a real wedding. Way better in my book. The life you make together, not the stuff from one full day of crazed spending. Everyone only remembers the open bar anyways.
I am not keeping much of their stuff (one set of stocking hangers, and a string of lights to hang from the deer head). It might have bad juju. I hope Chad and I never break up (touch wood) and someone is left to go through our stuff. Depressing.
Get ready Houston for the mother of all $5 sales. I figure I could get some money out of some of the stuff and donate the rest. I added the old crockpot and coffee maker to the pile but mostly stuff found from the house.
silly note of the week. Junior is now morphed into a reptile. His favorite thing to cuddle with is the new wireless router. Like a heat rock in a lizard tank. I catch him hanging out on it often. What a little weirdo! It must be too chilly down in the office where his zone is located. All tile, no real streaming sunshine poor kitty.

2 comments:

Laura S. said...

Ooh, harsh post on weddings! Please tell me you kept the grass skirt wearing, uke playing Santa.

phuong said...

Glad someone else believes in not keeping other people's stuff with bad juju!!! Brian wanted to buy this chipper/shredder from a divorcee and I told him NO WAY I was buying anything leftover from a divorced couple. DOn't need that karma in my house!