28 June 2010- Seems like the last June I spent in Houston, it rained everyday. And this June is turning out the same. serious rain, not that stuff from the sky in Paris. Get your jeans wet downpour. Good thing I bought Chad a new umbrella and I get to rock my red Amsterdam one again. It is complete with the triple X insignia.
Just received air freight (a paltry 267 pounds worth) and are set with 2 of the 3 shipments. We have plenty of space for it all but are constantly asking the question, "do we need to keep it?" France had a big effect on us and mostly good, especially when it comes to downsizing.
We bought my car this weekend, whoo whoo! Of course the dealer did a bait and switch but I am still happy with the end result of a car, under the budget (barely) and the size. A 2010 Chevy Equinox (32 mpg on the highway, impressive) in Silver with cloth interior and the vehicle interface package. What does that include: USB port so I can avoid Houston radio (a whole other can of worms), bluetooth so I can be safe and use the phone hands free, and remote start. How cool is remote start? I can cool off the car (or is it a truck) while I walk up on it. Quite a lovely find. Thinking of a name so what is your vote? Chrome (the eternal quest for NICKEL Chrome, the highest level of perfection in French) or Quin (short for eQUINox). Vote at will! And now my friends in Houston have the phone a friend for if they need assistance getting a number of wine chillers home, that new large screen tv or just a glut load at the Costco. Once I return from the cross TX with my beast and other supplies from AZ (enchilada sauce, Trader Joes products, taco sauce from Macayos, a whole brisket from Miracle Mile) that is.
I will get pics of the newest Nickell family member once the rain stops. Can't have spots on the things.
28 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment