8 June 2010- Two days to go and I can't hardly sleep. going to catch up with me, maybe just in time on Thursday when we hire the taxi to the airport. I would love a starbucks the size of a big gulp. How very americaine of me! Could I get an iced coffee like that, no way. Not in France. I doubt there is that much ice, ha ha ha!
Swimming in details but it is all working out well. We had a major selloff on Friday, only gave the remaining lights, lamps and hood to our French salesman. Merci Vincent! The apartment looks odd with just a few odds and ends and loads of boxes. We gave all our extra food (lentils, Gatorade mix, spices, etc) to the packers. They loved all the American products as well as the french stuff. Really think the Russian vodka went over the best. It was the one packed in a shell complete with casing. They found a spare water bottle, drained it and filled it. So we get the cool presentation and they get drunk on Red Army vodka.
We had dinner last night at Georges on top of the Centre Pompidou. Chad's colleagues chipped in and got us the reservation and money to dine with. Chad chose well, I had total plate envy. Smoked salmon (oh lordy that is good), and the most beautiful cote de veau (giant veal chop). The views were the best part, dining in Paris while staring at that cityscape right about sunset, blissful. Then even the bus ride home with everything all light up, blissful indeed. What a gorgeous city!
Well since I am up with the cat, I might as well get some things done. One good thing about sleeplessness (not going to jinx myself and say insomnia) is you can get some things done. Again and now.
All pictures for Wednesday, I promise. A toot!
07 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment