27 May 2010

Funny stuff


I don't really have pictures to go with my funnies so here are some standard Paris shots. Blogs that are nothing but words are boring. The most beautiful bridge in Paris, the Alexandre III.
I found our overflowing receipt bin. Turns out I was keeping several blank pieces of paper in there. No, just the thermal tape giving up its final ghost. Guess that receipt and its 500 brothers that are in the same faded state can go. I was saving all kinds in there. PetsMart, Costco, Lowes. The ones that just made me laugh were Costco and IKEA receipts that were less $100. I needed a reminder of amateurish activities. Less than $100. As if.

Going to jazz up my new balcony with some gilding. No, won't really go with the house but my balcony flower pots are going keep my geraniums standard Paris flair going. Maybe I could keep a basil plant in there as well.
Back to receipts, I found the infamous "first" credit card receipt from Le Commerce Cafe. That was our dinner with Mikey. Ah. And my receipt for "CARTE CAPTUREE" when my ATM card was swallowed up by the machine at Odeon. Whoa, Thank you to Sophie who called me once it was out. I think her name was Sophie. If she is between 45 and 30, chances are unbelieveably high her name is Jennifer in the US or Sophie in France.

My favorite tree in Paris. It is just down the street from us, right where you turn to catch the train. Lovely tree with its red/pink blossoms. The street has been immortalized in a painting that hangs at Orsay Museum. Kind of cool to see that that street in an 19th century painting. Always makes me sad when the tree starts to lose its leaves. It won't this year, no coat alert needed in Houston. Absolutely no warning when those Canadian fronts come sweeping down across the plains and cause the temperature to drop 30 degrees, in an hour.

Part of yesterday's walking tour, the Palais Royal, its gardens and its shops. I love these old signs. I probably have several gigabytes of just store fronts and shop signs. "Keep a good pace ladies."

Our dishwasher leaves us tonight, break out the plastic ware! I hand washed dishes for the first 10 months of living here. Broke about 17 plates, 3 out of 4 "break resistant" wine glasses (another receipt I found and tossed!), several pint glasses and a few of Chad's nice beer glasses. Not using anything good in these last two weeks.
Today I get the task of getting our inventory started. Agh, again with the estimation of how much it would to replace a bath mat. I may try to dig up the old one used to move it all here. USA customs is tough. Then a break for more plumbing supplies, coffee since I have run out, and another try at the book donation.
The weather is cooperating again. Once again under 70 degrees. Tuesday our weather station showed 94 degrees, double ugh. I was thinking I would have to move to Picard (all frozen food store) to live out my remaining days in Paris. Bon jeudi a tous!

No comments: