30 April 2010

Cheese!


30 April 2010- The real reason behind my sadness of leaving France. Abandoning the cheese. OMG, we had reservations for lunch at Le Ciel de Paris (sky of Paris) on the 56th floor of Tower Montparnasse, the ugly younger sister of Tower Eiffel. Great views and those include Eiffel so you cannot mistake which city you are in. A lovely meal, started with kir: the ultimate in apertif, then an exquisite tartine of serranno ham with argula (how did I not eat this eat day before France), and followed my a standby favorite, tagine of lamb this time presented in a risotto bowl with plenty of fresh cilantro. Yum. Not a bad price either considering the view. But the highlight was the cheese course. No dessert for me. That will be later.



They let me do the impossible and choose my selections of cheeses from the first picture. Almost like Sophie's Choice. The pain and agony. I went for camembert, reblochon, comte and a stinky as all get out chevre. J'l aime! I love it. With a large enough glass of red wine, I could have had the original cheese selection plate only. so good.
We went birthday shopping/ souvenir shopping at a beloved porcelain store (all the goodies for my french cuisine making a Texas) and a new copper frying pan lined with stainless steel. I heart them at my copper store, E. Dellerhin. So nice and on a day before a holiday, quite jolly.
Now on my balcony enjoying my crystal glass of white wine, having a very French anniversaire. Bon weeked a tous!

No comments: