09 March 2010

Again with the movies

9 March 2010- The French have replayed the Oscars 3 times I tried to watch but Chad Hates with a capital H any award show. He thinks they are pompous. I just laugh at him. Very good to see that spending billions of dollars can't get you an award, Avatar. Going to need some actual dialogue, story that is not predictable and some unknowns. I want to see Hurt Locker since I used to work with some of those guys. Several of the AZ bomb squad (one head of the three headed monster that would show to crime scenes) were trained in the military. Good guys. Should be a good movie, Deminuers in French.
Okay and again with the movies. Saw Couples Retreat this weekend, hilarious. Good message about marriage and how it is not all about the love, but sometimes existing. And no longer needing to go to clubs to get your freak on. We also sat through Public Enemies last night. Oh my, snoozer. Not at all the "Suspense, thrilling, intense" as the box said. More like snoozing, did a few games of Sudoku, and reassembled an arm chair while waiting for it to be over. I may have to go to Place Dauphine and lodge a complaint with Jack Sparrow himself. Mr. Depp also lives in Paris, should ask him for two hours and ten minutes of my life back.
Time for more movies, workout (almost finished with my program) and torturing the cat.

2 comments:

Laura S. said...

I love the list of things to do at the end. I have been wanting to see Couples Retreat so glad to hear that it got a good review. :)

Anonymous said...

love love luuuuuuuuv johnny depp ....... i'm going with you! He can have 2 hours of my time plus way more!!!! Just let's not wait at a café..... those French waiters!!! mon dieu ..... Adrien Brody sat down beside me @ bourdonnais and rue st dominque, i think, and was ordered out of an apparently closed section-- "... and take your stinkin' Oscar with you!!!"