25 February 2010

Retour

25 February 2010- Back in Paris and making my giant shopping list. Just the perishables, our pantry is fine, fridge is pathetic. I think we only have one ball of mozzarella. That must be a fine-able offense in France to only have one type of cheese and not a french type at that.
Yes we are back in Paris. Yes Chad has more than 6 months on his contract here. No we have no idea of when/where post-contract. Just living in Paris and cleaning up after the kitty. He tagged all three main rugs. Good job bud. Just what I needed, more laundry.
I swear I did laundry on Monday night when we returned home from Switzerland. Somehow the basket was once again full and this was overflowing after unpacking. Guess I know what I am doing today and tomorrow.
Only one other trip planned for March. A quick day trip to London or technically Greenwich for a Dave Matthews Band concert. We are hooking up with our true fan friends M. J and Mme J there. How awesome, a little H-town reunion in jolly ol' England. We might try to get out of Paris to Chartres or Fountainbleu, on our to-do list for ever. Maybe we will drag the next round of Chez Nickell visitors there. That is what we do best.
Chad bought an Ipod Touch for himself while we were home. Still amazing how technology has progressed. I remember distinctly being with my parents at Radio Shack when we got our first computer, A TRS 32K machine. 32K was how much memory my graphing calculator had for college. And my "puny" Ipod nano ranks in at 8 Gb. Pretty slick. Junior is enjoying his dad's lap as the computer has been retired for downloading only. Maybe we can limp it along until we have a better understanding of where we will be this fall.
Scale is still on my good side. I tried to do good while eating my favorites in Houston. I did eat the SW chicken salad at Los Cucos, tasty. Not too much cheese, grilled chicken, yum. Did eat spicy chicken from Wendy's but only the nuggets, no soft white bun. Did drink lots of American beers: Shiner 101, Blue Moon (me gusta), Sam Adams and of course St. Arnolds. Carb level is high, but it was so worth it. Ate my delicious USDA Prime filet mignon, super duper good. A couple of roast beef sandwiches, sad that it wasn't Miracle Mile's brisket but still good. Again the tastiest magoro tuna ever at Zake. Go if ever in Houston, Alabama/Shepherd. You won't be disappointed during happy hour.
All this food talk has me remembering items for my shopping trip. I guess I should get going before I get distracted by laundry or the cat again. Bon journee a tous!

No comments: