12 January 2010- One month until our next trip. Montreux, Switzerland. I still might need to get out of the city for a bit. The gray is overtaking me. Need some change of scenery.
Which leads me to my next conclusion. The real reason European schools offer the ski vacation (like spring break but a week of skiing starting in Feb) is to see the sun. You head south into the mountains and soak up the sun. Yes you can ski, learn to ski, sled or whatever but every resort has their own sunning chairs. I know understand. Being a desert girl with 330 days of sun growing up, I do miss it. I don't think I have the seasonal affective disorder but it definitely grates on you. My solution this March is to have a boat drinks party. You heard it here first.
We were going to try to meet up with Army Nephew recently stationed in Germany but train is ridiculously over-priced for two seats. We tried to get him to come here. He should have listened to his aunt Linda and gotten the passport before he left El Paso, he needs one for travel. His commanding officer won't let him travel on military ID so we will not be seeing him this weekend. Tip, always listen to Aunt Linda. She is wise and when it comes to travel and travel planning, she rocks! Hopefully his wife gets her passport before she comes this way. Then we could meet up all over Europe instead of just Germany.
Fantasy football is over. Hooray! I get to see Chad every night instead of his laptop. He broke even in the pick 'em league, won money in 2 leagues, won first prize money in two (one was his fourth champion win in a row) and lost the Navy Nephew league (not to be confused with Army Nephew, different branches entirely). Sorry to the guys of Dynamo league, he will be back for a 5-peat! Almost like it was rigged. Most of the money is in US dollars so just padding for the return home fund. One league is paid out today and in euros! Chad wants to save it. I think I deserve to spend it. My payoff for being a nightly widow since September.
Time to abuse the core muscle group again.
12 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had no idea how much time fantasy football consumes at your house. You should definitely get to spend some of the winnings. :)
with 5 leagues and a pick em, the whole week. Then during Sunday you have to watch and have the computer out. Bring on college Basketball!
Post a Comment