10 January 2010

Cinema

10 January 2010- Did you know that UK and Germany have assigned seating for the movies? I knew about the UK but Germany was new. We took in Avatar with Herr L today and he was curious about the no seat assignment. First time at the French theatre, ah! Chad got his extra ice in his soda, the only place in France to get extra ice, the Cinema. Coca-americain!
Avatar was good, stunning visually even in 2D. No 3D screens here in Paris showing it. At least in English. They have really come a long way since Toy Story on making human locomotion seem natural. The translations of course were in French for the natives speaking. Good thing James Cameron has a good eye because his writing sucks. Really he and George Lucas should leave the writing up to the good guys, like M. Knight and Christopher McQuarrie (of the Usual Suspects fame). Anyways, with the elementary speeches, very predictable, it was easy to translate the native's tongue from french sub-titles. Go see it, rumor has it, this is the new mark in action similar to movies before and after THE MATRIX. Let's just hope the good writing follows the spectacular shots.
Speaking of good writing, we are getting caught up on LOST. Chad got seasons 4 and 5 so we are trying our best to catch up so we can slingbox the current season and finally figure out what the island wants from them. With the snow and bitter cold, it was an easy decision to sit on the couch with a comforter and crank some out. A few discs to go, and then we are ready. (Drums pounding)
I am finished up with week one of my workout. A bit sore, walked like an old lady as a new crop of muscles (including core) make their presence known. I have been sleeping better too. Until last night. No big deal, I ended up watching the Cowboys play and the Eagles watch. Overall health is good but I do have a doc's appointment looming. Pray I don't get another lung infection that takes 6 weeks to get rid of. Need to be Chad's hot wife for our return trip to Italy for Easter.

No comments: