06 December 2009

Gratuit Dimanche



6 December 2009-  Once again a Free Sunday for the museum.  I chose the Orangerie, small and Chad has never been.  We were supposed to meet a friend but she was having cat/vet issues.  We totally understand.  A quick 20 minute wait for the entrance in the rain.  Not too bad.  The Orangerie gives you an umbrella bag so it is very nice.  A quick look at the water lilies and scoped out the rest of the collection.  Chad is the engineer so a bit lost on him.  He has decided that of the impressionists he enjoys Renoir the most.  I suggested we go to the Grand Palais for the Renoir expo.  We shall see.
I have some ever present errands to do this week.  But Friday bright and early, we are off to Strasbourg, the Capital of Christmas.  I hope they have good light displays as well as the lovely bratwursts for sale.  I need another souvenir cup for hot wine so that will be acquired as well some small gifts to mail home.
Expect my email Christmas card/letter shortly.  Yes I am that cheap I will rely on email once again for the delivery.  Last time from Paris, sad face.
Getting in the Christmas mood here.  I have the mini tree up and the stockings too.  I still have to break out the gnomes for decorating.  Here are some pictures I took this past week, too rainy for the camera today.


No comments: