04 December 2009

Chez Nickell happenings


4 December 2009-  A recap of the week.  Monday night with our full auberge, we threw down the Baguette Classic 2009.  One baguette per person and go.  Chad excused himself, he preferred his carb load in a glass.  I was the loser, came in dead last.  Must be all the baguettes I eat during the week  I guess Linda likes bread but not while timed.  Monsieur J was the triumphant winner at 16 minutes. 


Still hating blogger and its improved picture uploading.  The deux J's left early on Tuesday and Miss H and I hung out for the rest of week.  A trip to Montmartre, tour with my group on Wednesday, and dinner with Chad and his toothpick with wax.  We got a wild hair and decided to get out of Paris and go to Epernay.  All along the Avenue de Champagne...


We toured Moet and Chandon, home of Dom Perignon.  No we didn't get any.  You have to request that tour specially.  And at 70 euro a head, not going to partake anytime soon.  Everything was decorated for Christmas, so pretty.




Here was the glass of Rose.  A good tour, but nothing like the lunch or next tour.  Lunch was a lovely place with a cheap menu of lovely sauced dishes and of course more Champagne.  We split a split, no need to drink a full bottle with lunch with more tastes to come.




Here was the next tour.  Train was guided by a laser so I took this one behind us.  Yes, that is right.  We were the lone English speakers on this tour.  A private tour, 3 glasses of champagne, handouts, full explanations and on and on for 16 euro.  Mercier is the bomb of all Champagne tours. 




The best Christmas tree ever.  I think even Chad would enjoy having this kind of tree.  I bought a magnum, happy Christmas or New Years to whoever is here at Chez Nickell.



My Champagne house.  Wouldn't an Epernay location of Chez Nickell be a fantastic option?

No comments: