Fall has officially arrived. The Christmas displays are going up. The stores are changing their window displays, the rue de Courcelles has its light displays up, and the chocolate commercials are running double time. Saw an ad for a Lindt dessert chocolate with mousse on the inside. Going to need to send Chad out for a box. Turned the radiator on again, temperature dipped below 65 in the apartment. I needed my hat and gloves yesterday during the tour at Pere LaChaise. I didn't talk much and really needed out of the house. Spent the rest of the day under the covers. Chilly with wind and blowing leaves. Still a few leaves hanging on but after a few days of this low temp stuff, they are goners.
Been a bit of reading fool this month though, something good has come of this dilemma. I have 1/4 of Arabian nights done (I pick this one up every now and then, stories are quite depressing), Runs with Scissors, Thunderbolt Kid, The Know It All, You're not the boss of me and Lonely Planet Athens guide. I started "The road to Wellville" hoping for some good karma to come out of it.
Whatever happens with this, we are still getting on that plane on Monday. Maybe some souvlaki will knock it out of me.

1 comment:
I agree with you about the mail! Our relocation people gave us a form for La Poste to fwd our mail to America if needed and I'm like, "Uhh...nothing comes our way except occasional cards and sushi menus, SFR bills, and oh yes...tax requests from the french government."
SO NO...so do not want my mail fwded!
Glad you got to get out!
Post a Comment