24 September 2009- Ah, the Parisian lunch. That witching hour between noon and 1:30 in the afternoon where the streets roll up and the French dine. I don't often partake in the lunching out unless with friends. I know you all think that is what I do all the time but no. I don't think Chad would enjoy hearing about my lovely dining experiences especially with his cantine experience is hardly even edible. The bank account wouldn't be happy with me either. But today with mon ami americain but born in France, t'was the lovely dejeuner that you imagine me having.
We lunched at the lovely L'Angle du Faubourg, part of the Taillevent family. Ooh la la. Taillevent is the first attributed author with writing about french cuisine back in the 14th century. Really they have been enjoying french food since the world was flat and only natives inhabited most of the USA. Taking in lunch is the way to dine at these exquisite restaurants, saves the money. We enjoyed the menu, a fantastic meal with "a game of textures" amuse-bouche of vegetables, a unknown but tasty "cappuccino of cream with hazelnuts and figs", a nice firm but perfectly cooked fish and a goodness lava cake of chocolate and ice cream. Superb and beautifully presented, as only the French can do. Lovely and stimulating conversation with my reconnected friend from high school about all varieties of things, issues and concerns. His being here reminds me of myself when I return home. I just want to suck the marrow out of life, or all my good comfort foods and restaurants from home. No offense to our mothers but you just don't cook in this manner.
Ah, the french lunch. I will miss you when I come back to the States, number #1584.
24 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment