Fall has fallen. The figs and mushrooms are at the market as well. Definitely fall. I put my last bottle of rose wine in the fridge. Soup and chili return to my dinner routine. No radiator yet. But soon time for a cassoulet throwdown, right P? I am ready!
15 September 2009
A lesson of Fall
15 September 2009- A lesson of Fall for those lacking this lovely season. It is currently 9H30 pm and outside temperature is 60 F, brrr! The temperature drops, the coats come out. Just like that, summer be gone. The ice cream stands are gone. Soon the chestnut roasters will arrive. And my favorite, the hot wine crocks will arrive next to every crepe stand.
Peek a boo. When trees are full, all you can see is the antenna of Eiffel. Those giant leaves are losing their color and shriveling. The sun is starting to get through to the ground. I just took the point and shoot camera, I am trying some things including not lugging the DSLR.
All the lovely fall colors. Reminds me of a lovely S-S wedding 5 years ago in Arkansas.
I actually had to do a lap at the garden to find leaves. Those over zealous gardeners of Luxembourg are cleaning up in preparation for the upcoming Patrimony weekend. This is the weekend you can get into all the French buildings. Their way of preventing another revolution, let the people in to see what is inside all these lovely government buildings.

Lots of Coats and scarves. Actually this is the chess players' gathering place. It must have been a heated match. Usually you find just two old guys perched over the board but this one drew the crowd. The coat rack returned to the petanque or bocce ball courts. These players have traded in the standard old guy fishing vest for their coats as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great fall lesson and love the reference to the S-S wedding 5 years ago.
CASSOULET SMACKDOWN!!! YOU BET! Just got to find a free weekend. I think our 1st is Oct 30th!
Hey, so are there any TREES with fall colored leaves? I love Lux gardens then and I try to do a shoot for us every year while the trees still have their gorgeous colored leaves!
Did I mention you are awesome? I love those pics of the Luxembourg Gardens! AND you saved me the footwork from wandering up there to see if the trees had changed colors yet.
Post a Comment