03 July 2009

Weekend plans

3 July 2009- Finally a little reprieve from the heat. I saw lots of french legs yesterday so you know it was hot. The French save their shorts for the beach but yesterday, they all pulled them out. We got R2D2 working, worth every penny and got some nice cross winds thru the house with the blinds pulled up as the neighbor suggested.
We are easing into the weekend with a small party tomorrow afternoon. Our good friends are moving to Madrid, Spain so we are sending them good thoughts on Independence Day otherwise known in France as quatre de Juillet. Not too big a deal here, truly just an American holiday but I think the Lafayette family will be smiling. American favorite pulled pork sandwiches and my "famous" caramel apple cheesecake bites will be amongst the fare. A few Spanish twists thrown in for good measure and a nod to where our friends will call home for the next 2-3 years.
Chad is off to Moscow on Sunday. We got him a tour book with metro map. Not sure what he will bring back: vodka, caviar or shower caps. While I am guaranteed to miss him, I will finally have the house to myself for the ultimate cleaning/cleanout party. Our apartment so needs this. With a full May and June, the cat hair and my hair (poor bald Chad putting up with our mess) are starting to take over under the furniture. Plus my next visitor is a bit allergic so I will try to rid the house of as much cat as possible while keeping Junior here. I cleaned out the closet and drawers during the bi-annual sweaters--tank top trade and have a large bag of donation items. I think I can find a church somewhere along the way that would take it off my hands.
Bon weekend and Happy Independence Day! No blowing off fingers with fireworks you hear?

1 comment:

phuong said...

There's a Croix Rouge at Place D'Italie that I *think* takes clothes.

Also, my Albanian neighbor takes clothes and distributes them to people who need them. So you can drop them off with me and I will give them to her.