10 July 2009

Le Weekend

10 July 2009- Waiting for dinner so killing time with a post seemed about right. Chad comes home today (hooray) and is stocked with souvenirs from Russia. He bought me a cassock hat complete with the police insignia pin, vodka, a small set of Russian nesting dolls and whatever else he can find in the duty free store. Need to burn the rest of his rubles. He took some funny pictures of McDonalds and Pizza Hut while there. Only recognizable by their trademarks, the names are totally in Russian.
We are leaving bright and early tomorrow for the beach at Pornichet. Just a bit further to the coast from Nantes which is a straight southwesterly shot from Paris. Going to be nice to get out of the city. Doubt we will get in the water, technically north Atlantic but sure to have a nice weekend outside of Paris.
I had a weird French day today. I was woken up by the neighbor again. She is two and hates hates hates to get up. 8 to 830 is spent in the world's fakest cry. I know, I was the baby of the family and used it often to get my brother in trouble. Once she is in the hallway, silence but until that moment, wailing. It is magnified since our windows are open. Going to wish them a good vacances whenever they leave and I get to sleep in. Anyways, went back to the hypermarche for more pita chips (super yummy mediterranean flavor) and got coaxed into buying some plates. A good deal at a set of 6 (dinner, salad and dessert) for 10 euro. A woman approached me and asked me how many sets I needed. 6 works was my response. She needed 15 but was willing to buy 18 and sell me the extra three sets for 5 euro. Done and done. Now I can feed my sink as it loves to eat my plates. I was needing some food and this girl walked by with her Mc Do frites smelling so good. I did it, ate at McDo. Felt very american and french at the same time.
Need my Chad to come home.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Sounds like you do need Chad back. Enjoy the beach!