09 July 2009

Carnations

09 July 2009- Earlier in the week when I was trying to save the rolly cart. All the kings horses and all the kings men could not put our cart back together again. Not even Junior could help me put the rolly cart right.


Here is the damage to the retired cart. Hard to get full idea of the wobble factor in photos but believe me, it was done. Good little rolly cart. Time for the carnations, the traditional French flower for mourning and death.


Et Voila! The new one. It is taller, a bit thinner but has the handy 3 wheel feature. I tried to get my old wire frame in the new one, not so much. Oh well. It should be okay for the next 1.5 year.
Handy front pouch for cold items. Zipper pocket in the back for the stack of Cartes de Fidelites, extra bag (Chad always over shops more than the cart can carry), pen and slugs for the grocery chariot rental. Not sure I have ever mentioned that fact before. You have to "rent" your grocery cart to push around the store. Either a one euro coin or a slug that is the same size as a one euro coin. The new cart's extra wheels make it handle a bit stiff and you run into the back wheel sometimes. Goes up and down stairs like a champ! Should be fine. I chose the colors since those are my favorites, blue and brown. No pink, no apple green, or gray. Still manly enough Chad should be okay pulling it.
The new cart was on sale, see it paid off that I didn't get out to the hypermarche yesterday. I also found pita chips (4 flavors), do a little happy dance for baked chips. With some hummus and Coke Zero, I had a bit of a wake for the retired rolly cart. Cheers to your life in Paris, monsieur poussette de marche.

In case you were wondering. He was on the cover of last week's metro magazine. Today's stage looked a bit rough. Girona to Barcelona along the Costa Brava should have been beautiful but lots of rain and lots of chutes (that is falls to you anglais speakers). These announcers are really fast French speakers. I could understand everything the stage winner (Thor from Norway, of course) and he was speaking French, not english. Got to figure out what happened to the yellow jersey so typing has to stop.



2 comments:

Laura S. said...

Nice new rolly cart. Yummo, I want some pita chips and hummus.

Linda Alyce said...

so good, I returned for more chips. when you find something you like in Paris, buy as much as possible. May not be there again