06 May 2009

Not so Wordless Wednesday- Phoenix

6 May 2009- Getting ready for a quick dip in a pool (still a bit cool but air temp is 100). I have a Dave Matthews Band concert to attend tonight. Think I am well into double digits for the 2000's in seeing this band. If you hate them, we are no longer friends, if you have never heard of them, please visit the official website for a sample of the best sounds ever emitted and recorded. I admit totally biased.
Home trip has been filled with family, friends, food and mostly fun. Landscaping is never fun, especially the shoulder sunburn and the landscape stamp burn you get when you are bent over and the shirt pulls up from your pants. But I digress. Spending lots of money, the Ashby-Nickell stimulus plan has invested lots of cash in the Phoenix economy, more to come for Denver. The food has been great, Dick's Hideaway is still the best food ever put in my mouth. And the IPA's, tasty and hoppy and delicious.
Met some family members this weekend, my great niece and her father. I hate to call him my nephew as there is just a mere 8 years between us. We are giving him a palm tree to take back to Tennessee, ha ha ha.
Shopping has been quite peaceful and sale full! I found 7 pairs of jeans and pants, hooray. I also replaced my black wool coat. The lining is dying and it would cost so much more to replace just the inside than to buy a brand new coat. Felt extremely silly trying on trench coats in 100 degree weather but you do what you got to do. So glad we have extra weight to give to my parents for their bags.
A few more friends and deliveries tomorrow, then off to Denver for more green chile, more beers and more family. A bientot!

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Sounds like fun so far and thanks for your efforts to stimulate the economy. Happy travels to Denver!