02 April 2009

Spring

2 April 2009- Spring is surely trying. Second day I went out without the wool coat, can spring actually be here? The flowers are out. The trees are blooming. It really is quite a sight. Once where there was sun, now shade. Quite a change in the city indeed.
Only in Europe can you wear turquoise colored pants and get away with it. Well Almost, I did catch him in the lens of the camera. Work it if you can I say.

See they are trying. This is my favorite place, Parc Floral of Paris. Huge beds of tulips. Most are still thinking about spring. Not just ready yet. But soon very soon, this whole area will be crazy full of tulips. I spent hours here last year. My blood pressure dropped immediately upon approach. You just can't be sad or indifferent when sitting amongst hundreds of tulips. Not possible.


Last night we celebrated E-Days in Paris. These 3 highly intelligent UNCLE AL employees all working in Paris have the common bond of the Colorado School of Mines. Back in the day, Mines had no vacations or holidays. They invented E-Days or engineering days. Competitions for engineering projects and massive amounts of beer combined for days of enjoyment. The next biggest thing in Golden is the Coors brewery so it goes hand in hand. The big M for Miners! No engineering projects in Paris last night but a tad of beer at an Irish pub. Jon is flying his Mines t-shirt over the shirt and tie. Probably not HQ standards but funny. And Joe aka Giuseppe astounded me with his knowledge of the northern states. He was the Italian exchange student sent to of all places, North Dakota. He had even been to Anaconda, Montana! My great-grand parents settled there after immigrating to the States from Croatia. You truly know your stuff if you know of Anaconda, Montana.
Speaking of Italy and Croatia, we are booked and ready to travel. UNCLE AL wants Chad in Milan next week so we are going to make a vacation out of it. Possibly stay 10 days and wander around the areas of Milan, Florence, Pisa and quite possibly Venice. Croatian coast trip is almost fully settled, I need a couple stayover nights in Split before and after our cruise. We are happy to be money poor and experience rich!

2 comments:

Cass said...

Awesome blog post--you had me cracking up the whole time! And you MUST post pics of the 100's of tulips when they all begin to bloom. I have a friend so crazy that she attends local tulip festivals (local to her, not me) because she so adores them. I can point her to your blog after you've posted the "after" pics of those tulips. How gorgeous.

Laura S. said...

Come on spring! That sounds like a great trip next week. I will expect lots of photos.