5 April 2009- Today I made Chad wake up early so that we could get started on our next section of Free Museum Sunday. I don't remember how many times we have taken advantage of this opportunity, scads for sure. This Sunday we ventured out to the 6th, ooh just beyond the Senate building. We passed several churches including St. Sulpice and Haut St. Jacques. They were offering branches today. Yes it is Palm Sunday and no there were no palm branches. Looked more like pea tree branches. Ha, Palm Sunday with no palms. Quite funny. I had perfected the palm branch into a cross. I hope the rest of you know how to convert your true palm branch into a Cross as well.
We eventually ended up at Musee Delacroix. It is a stone's throw from St. Germain des Pres and more importantly St. Sulpice where the ill Delacroix painted the chapel of Angels. A nice small residence of the painter and its fine furnishings. I am glad I have never spent the money, not worth 5 Euro in my opinion. Free, quelle bargaine!
Eventually ended up because we "needed" a coffee, cappuccino and a snack this morning. Famous Cafe La Mairie from some movie, some time. Then we found a wine store (as if we need more) and chatted with the storeworker who comes from California. Go Western USA. We are now on the list for tastings and I am sure we will be back to the store before then.
We finished our "free" sunday by having a pint at the Great Canadian pub while we waited for the Basque country food store to open. A couple of sandwiches and a saussicon later, we are back at Chez Nickell. Lazy Sunday for us. Full Preparation mode for our Easter vacation to Italy. Now plan includes the Italian Riviera city of Genoa, Tuscany cities of Pisa and Florence, Lombardy cities of Milan and Cambriago and then Venice. Ah, Venice!!! Double points for that movie quote, AH VENICE.
05 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment