14 February 2009

Fleurs and furniture

15 February 2009- I got flowers! I cannot complain for at least 3 months. I got 20 Valentine roses from Chad. He is so nice. Then we hosted a friend and his newly retired father for dinner. This friend was the one who went in on the last shipment of wine. Since he couldn't bring wine (had 18 of his own waiting for him) he brought tulips. My favorite! So glad I talked myself in to packing the second vase.
I got my ottoman today. I ordered an ottoman (supercool with two mini ottomans inside it) and had it shipped to a friend who was moving to Paris. They finally are getting settled and got their shipping container thus my ottoman. They are set to be our favorite people in Paris. They can access the Embassy's mini BX so no more searching for black beans and orange cheddar cheese. They also brought Chad his standard croutons and ranch dressing. American beer can also be purchased at this mecca of American products. Going to really enjoy these next 18 months!

2 comments:

Cass said...

But the real question is, can you get decent nachos in Paris? Because we went to London and couldn't. We tried to explain to them what Costco was and the Que Bueno cheese they sell there, and we just got dirty looks. That country will never last.

Linda Alyce said...

No nachos, nothing spicy here. Our dilemma for the Superbowl was finding plain tortilla chips after 8 pm on a Sunday night. Doritos have made it to the grocery store, no cool ranch just the original. Small moves...