19 February 2009- I missed the picture of the day. I had a hair appointment (more on that later) but the closest Metro stop was closed so I was bussing it over. I got off the bus just after Pont d'Iena right across from the Eiffel Tower. Then there was a mass exodus of runners from the Eiffel Tower area. All the African sellers were bolting for the hill of safety of Trocadero. For those you who have been to the area know that you are likely to hear a ching ching "One Euro, one euro" song from these semi-aggressive salesmen of all things Eiffel-y. They carry keychains (in three different finishes) on a large metal loop and shake it at you as you walk by, various sizes of stand alone Eiffels and the ever popular light up version in a lovely red box. Anyways, these "salesmen" running down the street, clanging away from traffic and the tower. The police must have chased them away. I was too busy laughing at such speed and the clatter to find the point and shoot camera in my enormous bag.
I did get my haircut today. After laughing, I too made it up the hill of Trocadero (not as fast as the guys). I lost about 2 inches and 5 pounds of hair. My guy razors the hair to take off the bulk and weight of having so much hair. Another exodus, this time of yucky ends ended up on the floor. I should be super fast on the slopes next week. Same old layered look that my hair has always been since I finally stopped fighting nature. A bit off kilter in my self portrait as I was enjoying a hot wine, hey it was 40 degrees and I had walked a lot to avoid the manifestation of people. Just another day in Paris...
I will spend the weekend trying to get all my skiing stuff in one small bag. Wish me luck!

2 comments:
Skiing in Austria in a French haircut? You poor thing. It's so rough to be you.
Love the visual of the evacuating black market sellers! LOL
Just living the life my Gramma had intended for me. Sucking the marrow, seizing the day and checking off my To-Do list.
Post a Comment