06 November 2008

She's Crafty...

Not her but Chad thought this was funny. This statue is right by the closest train stop and something I run by early in the morning. I guess I have always missed the fact that she is wearing a thong. It is dark now when I leave the house. Only in Paris!


Here is my craftiness. Yes I was a Brownie scout and can wield a hot gun with the best of them. My little Jack-o-lantern pinata was a hit at the halloween party. It took several hits to get it to crack, good thing we had a witch with broom to do the honors. Voila after some papier-mache and some balloons.
I have taken to trying to make lots of things by scratch. Pizza crust especially for calzones, pita bread, hummus, various tarts and quiches, and even the far between desserts. When you have as much time as I have, and the washing machine is already going, might as well try another recipe. My favorite cookbook, the Four Ingredient Cookbook, has been used a bit. Best part of it, the recipes are metric so I don't have to do any math while around sharp objects and heat sources.
This could all change as I have been deemed worthy to work in France. Last year to get our resident cards I actually had to sign the piece of paper stating I would not work. Chad had to sign his own saying he would provide for me. Haa haa. He got out of it this year due to some detail the French had in processing our paperwork. I definitely won't be working in the same field, government held positions rarely go to non-French EU citizens so this American girl is out of luck. Maybe something to keep me a bit busy and keep me out of the kitchen.




1 comment:

Laura S. said...

The statue with the thong is hilarious! You better hurry and get out of the kitchen before Chad starts to expect gourmet meals.