
And on a day the pope is in town. Junior should be ashamed of himself. I caught him while getting the camera ready. You can see the stinker's little white sock paw is reaching up into the feeder to get a few loose pieces to fall down. Shame on you kitty. Gluttony is still a deadly sin.
Here is His Holiness Pope Benedict or Pape Benoit as he is known in France. He went to visit the President and then spoke at a newly renovated college down the street from Cathedral Notre Dame. Then Benedict got in his Mercedes (nothing but the best) Popemobile and rode down the River Seine to Cathedral Notre Dame. I was perched on Pont St. Michel to get this shot. He smiled and looked our way.
Here is the long shot including the river as proof that I saw it and it was Paris. Gorgeous. There were plenty of clouds in the sky but God relented and let today stay beautiful. Later tonight, there is a candlelight procession to the place of tomorrow's service. I shall see if I wake up in time to catch the mass.
All was well with our busy week. We are official licensed drivers in France. We enjoyed a dinner on our technical anniversary. Too bad it was also the night of a France vs. Serbie soccer match. I didn't get exactly what I wanted. In case your are wondering, ala ancienne means covered in mustard. YUCK!

No comments:
Post a Comment