07 September 2008

New Additions to Chez Nickell

Oh my goodness, the amenity list for Chez Nickell keeps growing. We now can have people eat at a table that is not out on the balcony. I had this table in mind, described it to my friends, and not more than 5 seconds later, found it. I love IKEA. Now 4, 6 maybe 8 folks can sit around a table at Chez Nickell. Means we can finally have a housewarming party since I know have a place for the food. Our kitchen is tres petit and pretty much fits one at a time. But hey, it is the kitchen in our Paris apartment, not really complaining too loudly. Now for the folding chairs!




Here's our new working dishwasher. Pretty much the size of an easy bake oven but it works on cleaning dishes with no dishpan hands. Look Madge! Fits a few bowls, plates, mugs and the wine glasses. Oh yes, it is a sweet life. I owed the help five euro because I bet them they would have to leave the house to get more parts. They made it work and they received their payment in two bottles of rose wine, equivalent to five euros.

Weather has been outstandingly blah lately. Very fall like, a bit rainy but definitely cooler. I think our climatisation (aka R2D2 the AC) is done for the year. We will keep him around but October 1, he will join the ranks in the cave down below. Probably not too lonely down there with all the summer clothes, other boxes and some bottles of wine.

Officially a widow starting today. Chad is in three Fantasy football leagues. An expat has access to the NFL package and I know Chad wanted to watch. But I got to show him our additions and made him come home. Evil wife, the honeymoon is definitely over.

Much excitement this week: French drivers license exchange, identity card paperwork, birthday of friend, technical 10/09/08 wedding anniversary, and this weekend, the Pope will sipping his cafe in Paris. High mass is 10 am on the Esplanade des Invalides. I think I should revisit my catholic roots and go. Wonder if he speaks french?

No comments: