A definite chill in the air. Even Chad is wearing a blazer to work. The sun is not quite up as early or staying as late as it had been. Signs that fall is upon us. Must be my first official fall. As you can see in my picture, even the trees are getting in on this Fall thing. Lots of the chestnuts are falling as well. Means the local guys selling hot roasted chestnuts are soon to be out hawking their finds/wares.I have been solo touring most of the city since our arrival. I have taken a few organized tours mostly with Paris-walks (shameless plug). Today I am a member of a tour club. About 20 women just like me and a highly educated guide are touring all over the city including spots I have been, but this time with much better information. Then we all got out for a good meal. The best part of living in France: the food.
Good signs from Houston. Our old neighbor says his house survived but they still have no power. I got an email from a favorite wine bar that says their West U location is up and running again. The one by the old house of course: still without power. The owner is a certified wine expert (one of 100 in the world) and was answering questions about wine storage in the case of Houston which has been without power for days. He says to make sure if your wine hasn't been stored properly you should create a special occasion and get to popping corks. He had several "special occasions" since Ike left his mark on the city. So to Houston, get to drinking!

No comments:
Post a Comment