09 August 2008

Rocky Mountain High

9 August 2008- ON the road too much lately. We are currently at Chez Nickell's Denver branch. And once again stealing the neighbors' connection to get on line, (thanks neighbor D). I stayed busy while Chad was off on the mountains. I saw Black Canyon National Park, Crested Butte and a long bike ride of the Ohio Creek area. I also finished the first chapter of my French novel for homework.
The men came off the mountains early, rained out several days. On the drive back, Chad and his lingering disease bonded and he now has an official diagnosis of walking pneumonia. Oh yeah and pulled muscle on the side and possible cracked rib or pulled cartilage in his left side. Lots of drugs later, he is definitely taking the day off today. Especially after reading that Bernie Mac died of complications due to pneumonia. Scary thought, so just lunch and some shopping at Chad's mothership, REI. Tomorrow I get to go to Target! Uber excited.
We are chowing down on all things Americana. I got my diet Cherry limeade in Gunnison, and it didn't cost me 2 euro 50 for the cherries. So good, the crazy things I crave. Also had my jalepeno poppers and some much deserved mexican food.
Pictures tomorrow but now is lunch time! A girl's gotta eat!

No comments: