7 March 2008- We are leaving on the high speed train tomorrow and trekking to the French side of the Alps. The trip only takes about 2.5 hours to Lyon which is quite the ways away. Chad will be skiing, I will be falling. Actually our coworker/friend Jason, who is travelling with us, thinks I will be seduced by my ski school instructor Francois. No way. Any french man should at least be named Pierre. Similar to my Paco in Mexico who brought me drinks on the beach:) There is a bob sled run so we might have to try that.
The reservation has been secured by our friend Julian. We need to bring our own sheets and towels (?) but it is cheap so not expecting much. He is bringing us groceries including wine and beer so it will be okay. Don't worry, lots of pictures to be taken. None of me eating snow though. Hopefully of the bob sled run. How cool.
Chad thinks I over packed. Of course I did, I have the sheets and towels. Plus I am the native Arizonan who has seen real snow once (28 inches in a day Christmas 2006) so I have lots of sweaters, fleece, down and flannel jammies. I cannot be cold. Bad things might happen to me.
On right now BBC world is ice track racing. Yes Denver residents, they actually drive on ice in purpose in Europe and get 60K people to show up and watch. This has to be better than Nascar. Chance to see wrecks is astromonical, they are driving on ICE.
We got our offical resident cards today. Next hurdle to cross is the French driver's license. It requires us to go the US embassy and get an affadivit swearing we have a driving record in the US. $30 so only 20 euro for us right now. Sorry, I had to bring that up. Ouch, good thing Chad's salary is in euro. And really good thing I still spend most of my days walking the city and only going to a few museums. Living cheap means many more vacations and travels for us. Hooray!
07 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment