20 February 2008- Rain dampened my plans on going to Montmarte so I went to Musee Marmottan Monet. It is a beautiful 19th century mansion next to Jardin Ranalagh. It houses most of Monet's collection of water lilies. They are laid out quite nicely in a maple lined salon. The second floor was closed because tomorrow starts their new exhibit of the Giverny collection. Giverny is Monet's home and the location of the immortalized Japanese bridge and water lilies. Oh well, must go back. The true Giverny house and gardens doesn't open until April. I bought a copy of "Soleil Levant" or Sun in the east. Quite the stunner.
I stopped by the fabric store. Whether Chad wants it or not, I am making a cover for our file boxes. That way we can have a "coffee table" in the second room. I found a great store with great deals on cuttings (remnants) or Coupons in French. I got some great furniture quality fabric and some silk detail for less than 15 euro. Remember most things are manufacturer suggested retail price and then they substitute the dollar, euro or pound sign in.
I stopped by the Holy Trinity church. I tell you, these churches are amazing. I would sit enraptured not by the mass, but the sheer beauty and scale of these churches. I still have to see St. Sulpice but they are in the midst of the restoration. There is a temple church in the 3rd for those Da Vinci code premise theorists I must visit as well.
Of course I heard Besa me Mucho on the metro. This time a trio of accordion, clarinet and trumpet. Makes me giggle everytime I hear it.
We have finally gotten the "good" bouquet of cable channels. Now we can watch movies in english and some North American sports. It is mostly hockey now but I am excited for the summer and watching some baseball. The movies that we have seen or passed by Tron, The last Tempation of Christ, Patton. There are some good ones every now and again. I watched a hilarious British film called "Thunderpants." Those of you who know Chad know his talent with his own ahem, thunderpants. I think far too many people are already in Chad's fart confidence. So of course I had to watch a movie where the boy's dream was to go into space despite his hazardous emissions. "It was the best day of my life, ever"
My annoying neighbor across the street has left their dog out on the balcony. He is busy whining at the door and it is heartbreaking to hear it. They do this often. I think he is just a puppy but all day long outside (and today in the rain) how horrible. C'est damage!
20 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment