14 February 2008

Lovely day

14 February 2008- So again the weather is holding. It is chillier but the sun is shining and the clouds are not hanging out. Love this city and this weather.
Today is Valentines Day for those of you celebrating. For those without a valentine, Happy Arizona Statehood day. Only 7 more years until the centennial. Kind of funny typing that as i sit in a turn of the century building. My apartment is older than the state of Arizona. Oh well. Lots of flowers and chocolates being sold today. I already got my flowers, some lilies from the Chad earlier this week. I think I guilted him into them since he is once again in the Czech Republic. So my valentine is Junior the cat.
Just went out wandering today, no real plan. The markets are getting crowded as the fruit is starting to arrive. Already the strawberries (fraise) are here and they are huge and tasty. ha ha to my father who always claims to give them up for Lent. Too bad for you Pops, I will eat them in your honor. the bakeries are experimenting with them too. Tarts and puffs and eclairs oh my. good thing I am walking most places in this weather.
The french language is coming along. Slowly. My pronunciation is still english which needs to be modified. I met my french teacher for lunch yesterday, not much of a lesson but a girl has to eat. She complained about the size of the tables and how scrunched together everything is in a cafe or restaurant which is my usual complaint. She called the waiters garcon which I had heard is actually demeaning. Maybe coming from a loud american it is. Out of the mouth of a French grandmother, they accept it more.
One more note on the week. The loudest tourists I have come across are the Italians. Holy crow. I keep running into them. I rode the train with them on Monday, saw them at a museum on Tuesday, missed them yesterday but today they were at the la Madeleine church. Loud. I mean we were in a church today and I still knew when they entered that was them. Ah, some peoples kids. I wonder where they end up tomorrow. Maybe I should head to the museum of wine, they might be too young to enjoy that museum.

No comments: