4 December 2007- Long time, no blog. Our connection has not been real reliable as of late. Still waiting on French telecom so that we are not latching on to the neighbor's internet. Was on my list today but after not sleeping and IKEA, I am tired and needing sleep. I think my 3 weeks are up and now I am getting a cold. Oh well. The weather has been off and on, beautiful or rainy. I hope tomorrow, my day to sleep, is rainy.
Shipping container arrives on Friday, it is a true Christmas miracle. I guess we better make good with the gardienne and give her some large euro note for the inconvenience of the movers. I guess they are actually getting a lift or conveyor belt for the stuff and it will come thru the balcony doors. I will make sure to document that process of one moving large furniture to the fifth (actually sixth) floor of a building. Ground floor is zero in France or RDC.
Yesterday I was on American soil. I went to the US Ambassadors residence for a holiday tea. I know, how hoity toity and ooh la la etc etc. It was, I am not but it was very cool to see. I got to sign the book so only so many sign as to say, I have been in the residence. I got a napkin, didn't think I should walk out with the tea cup and saucer.
And I have a working French credit card. It started working just in time to pay for dinner out on Saturday with another soon to be ex-pat. I had tried it earlier that day so I wasn't feeling too confident. Voila, it works. Of course, "Mme Ashby" got on line to order a TV immediately. Maybe I should report "her" to the authorities for unspecified charges. Next a Christmas tree just to annoy Chad. Put it next to the tv when it is delivered. I would post the picture of Chad and I on Champs but it looks like me and Earl were on the street. His eyes are totally closed. More pictures of movers later this week.
04 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment