23 November 2007

Dinde Day ala Francais





Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I got my credit card swallowed by an ATM today. And passed by not one, or two but three buses passed me by today. Not a bien jour for Mme. Nickell nee Ashby. We made the traditional Ashby sandwich which is usually the Friday day lunch. A turkey or dinde ala francais leftover sandwich with all the fixings. I mean gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey on one sandwich. The whole traditonal meal in one shot. Try it for a good meal. Heat up the fixings, stir em up and hit reheat on the microwave. Shove between two pieces of bread (our local artisan was willing for a euro to part with hers) and enjoy. Chad and the again the local artisan baker made a lovely framboise (raspberry) tart for dessert. I must say i was very intimidated by the French grocery store. What the heck is fecule de pomme de terre (potato product similar to flour-farine). We have no fridge until Monday (lundi) so I make small amounts of food anyway. Everything that needs refrigeration spends time on the balcony. I must say, I did really well. The stuffing was leftover baguette with fresh thyme and chicken stock. I like this french cooking and it helps that Chad will eat anything without raw onions. And Sarkozy agreed to talks so that trains will run again tomorrow. Hooray!
Anything with a large Hoegarten must be pretty good!
My third day of encountering the riot police (mom stop reading immediately). This time right up the street from us, still not that close (really close even Chad saw the event). The best thing was I knew they were prepared for this one. When I left the house to run an errand, I saw the riot police having lunch at Jardin de Luxeenbourg. with wine. Never can say I saw that on any raid I was present on but then those were all in the states. Viva la France at Beaujolas Neaveau time (third Thursday of November). They are practically giving it away at the stores!

No comments: