14 January 2012

Beginning of the end

Turns out 2012 is the end of days.  I have seen nothing much other than the business end of the vaporizer and CVS receipts for the 40 count pack of Advil Cold.  Ugh.  Have I mentioned how much I hate hate hate being sick.  I hope this cough goes away.  I have an appointment next week to get my "nodule" on my thyroid checked.  Yes the doctor is going to stab at it multiple times with a fine needle.  Fun.  Chad is going with me for support and to check out the cutest endocrinologist I have ever seen.  Dr. lived in Paris so he knows.  Anyone else in Houston need to see Dr. Dreamy, I have his card.
So frustrated with my vet clinic.  I called on Tuesday morning to get some refills of medications that my puppy dog has been on for a while.  I was running late on Tuesday after work and didn't get there to pick them up.  I showed up Wednesday morning and was told they had no idea and they just had an emergency so could I return later.  No problem.  Ran my errands and used my spa day "Daily Deal" voucher (side note never get a facial from Organic Spatopia, 3 times she got soap/mask/etc in my eyes).  I stopped back by after "relaxing" spa experience and was astonished that again, nothing was done on my refills.  I waited for them.  The vet that previously saw my dog moved to VA so they needed to consult or some other crap. Finally got 2 of the 3 medications.  Today is Saturday and on my phone was a voice mail saying they were going to refill my request for 2 of 3 medications.  Are you kidding me?  Really have I not been a client for 2 years and previously 2 years.  Plenty of vets have seen my guy.  If you don't trust your fellow vets, we are going to have a problem.  Issues.
I was going to go watch the Olympic trials for the marathon and half marathon but with this cold/flu, I think the last place I need to sit in the cold is outside.  Last week it was 75 degrees, I mean we went to the zoo armed with umbrellas only, no coats.  Now I look as I did in Paris, scarf/gloves/hat/coat even to walk the geriatric dog.  Freeze again last night.  I hope the roses hold up.

No comments: