Been away, not literally but figuratively definitely. I had been in a major mood. I had gotten hired full time with the county (pay cut but benefit bonus), disgusted with my general health and appearance and oh yeah, the one year anniversary of my dad which in turn meant the six month anniversary of my mom. Low and low, deepest of the depths. I figured a trip to the beach might fix what was ailing me.
Ah and on the left side, no dolphins but Texas City. Yes those are all plants in the background. New roof on most.
The beach. Not great looking water but still what we got within an hour's drive. Not knocking it.
Proof you are at a Texas beach, platforms out there on the far right in the picture.
My squeaky but awesome UA chanclas. Further proof that I needed some beach time. White legs!!!
The truck next to us was flying the scary eye kite, a sight from my childhood. $1.15 for hours of fun. Until you caught it on the high school fence posts or something.
More Beach. Pretty good waves at Crystal Beach.
Our other neighbor was quite the shell collector. Plenty to collect.
Chad checking on email with Modelo in hand. No glass allowed on the beach.
How you go to the beach in TX. Bring your car/truck right on the beach. Back in. Set up canopy shade (preferably in the colors of the state flag). sit down and watch the waves. Repeat as needed.
Had to mix it up a bit on the beach. I would give it another try at the beach. No need to drink canned beer at home. I have a home. Ha.
My beachy brisket sandwich. Easily 8 oz of good stuff with minimal sauce. If the brisket is done right, you don't need no stinking sauce.
12. 12 Ketchup packets. For those who don't already know, Chad is insane for sauce/condiment. He is a dipper of his burger/sandwich. Needed 12 for his pirate burger.
The after effects of us stopping at Fanta-Sea grill. Shamed about my husband's habit. I know I should be concerned but I needed the beach so I let him run wild.
My thoughts exactly.
Beautiful downtown Winnie TX for the drive back. The ferry line was long when we got off so we decided to hoof it around to I-10 for the drive back home. Had to stop for more snacks (him) and more ketchup packets were sacrificed.
My home with the staring eyes of the doggy in the window. He is so sweet.
So yes, full time and earning benefits. Doing the P90X thing (diet going well, exercise not so much but my shoulders are aching so I claim previous injury). 10 pounds in 3 weeks. But I fully admit I stacked the deck. Got my new thyroid med level, stopped drinking at all during the week (unless my anniversary or friends from Madrid in town) and started during the infamous PMS week. Water weight was figured in for maximum loss. But feeling good, full and when I work out, awesome. Still getting in some cardio and Yoga, my favorites of the P90x selection.
Passed the actual anniversary date with no problems. No tears at work, a few with my family the day before but none on the actual day. I guess kind of like Christmas. Not at all worth the hype. I will never celebrate that day ever again. Just another day.
All and all no drama or much going on here. Just making plans, eating right and finding my groove. And wishing for rain. Had to water my dying magnolia trees a lot this weekend. They can't die. Officially 20 inches shy this year for rain. Memorial Park is just sad. Trees are dying everywhere. I managed to maintain a bit of sweet basil in the container garden. Everything else perished. Come on basil, need you to stay alive.
My new show of choice is Kitchen Nightmares or Restaurant Impossible. Same show just either swearing or two day time limit. Another reason why I am eating better, then I eat at home. Some restauranteurs are just clueless about cleanliness. But I must find one for Tuesday night, our anniversary or at least the day we choose to celebrate as our anniversary. Thinking sushi (safe) or branch out to one of many new Houston bistro options.
Junior is officially allergic to all three types of dust mites. Which means good luck nothing to do to fix that situation unless we get rid of all fabric/cushion/bed type items from the house. Also a fungus, mold and slight allergy to beef which means nothing but watch out for Junior scratching. extra tuna for him and his suffering.
Definitely out taking pictures this week so blog will be more lively or dead with all the dying Houston plants. Tschuss!






No comments:
Post a Comment