04 July 2011

My Equinox

I just have to write as my beloved Equinox just turned 1 year and is close to rolling 15K miles.  I love the car.  I just hate to drive in Houston.  But really here is my testimonial.

Had a five hour haggle session trying to bring the thing home but since then, in and out with minimal maintenance.  I had a issue getting the cargo cover and floor mats but that was resolved shortly.  I had a snag with a nail but Discount tire took care of that.  Fast forward to March and it was time for Quin's first oil change.  I just took Quin in for a 15K check.  So in one year (calendar) it was in the shop for 3 things.  Total down time 6 hours.  In a year.

Quin's additions have been his very own Ipod so we can get smarter listening to Friday News Round Up and Science Friday.  He also got a trailer hitch with lighting.  And the Yakima 4 bike carrier.  For those trips to Austin, Bear Creek and Katy for some biking fun.  Soon (with some rain) we will rent kayaks and go along the bayou.  If that is enjoyable, Kayak mounts will be added so we can haul our own water craft.

Quin holds the best feature that is oft unmentioned.  The five person capacity is unhindered.  meaning the middle seat or (bump/bitch seat) is not.  Since Quin is a car underneath, there is no annoying differential there meaning no bump for the middle passenger to straddle with his/her feet.

As of late, Chad has been driving the Chevy as he banged up his knee pretty bad and need to not shift, and get into a low slung sports car.  Very nice to have the option of switching cars in that instance.  Great air con, remote start in addition to a powerful but small engine are all bonuses.  Gas mileage is 32 mpg for 55 and under.  Quin gets about 25-28 depending on who is driving and where.  Even Chad's coworkers are impressed that the lowly Chevy has such a bright shining light when it comes to the Equinox.  I can also say the giant cup-holders-americain are great.  The darn Germans designed pathetic ones and they are both broken in the BMW.

Overall I am very satisfied with my decision to get the SUV of the 2010 Equinox.  That was my list entirely when we came back to the US.  And I think I have chosen wisely.  Great car and more practical and user friendly than ever.  I think everyone should have one in addition to a spoiler car for when the unpractical things pop up.  That is my essay on why I love my car.  THE END.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Did Chevy pay you for that advertisement? :)