24 July 2011
Grown up
Our new stylish and almost a perfect match to the bed color Nightstands. Hooray, the cheapo ones are now found in the guest room. They still may need a touch of refinishing but they are out of my direct line of sight on a daily basis, all good. Not bad for price and easy assembly. I am mean with a Ryobi drill/screwdriver.
My trip to Portland was not with out drama. No family drama but Frontier did cancel my Friday night flight. Hail damage to the planes on Wednesday in Denver. So don't let me check in for a flight that you know will be cancelled. I got to the gate before I was clued into the fact that I was going home to wait until the morning. I did get on a Continental flight to LAX with a transfer to Alaskan Airlines for the Portland leg. Hooray for Continental. I am Elite with them and got a first class upgrade. But alas, Continental is out of Bush and I was still set for return to Hobby so Chad was needed to coordinate drop off and pick up. I did get to Portland and hung with my awesome former roomy JRO and we chatted it up. Both of us are searching for peace in the universe. Lets hope we can find some. Spent the next morning watching the Japanese beat us in soccer. Or at least penalty shots. Then off to the family party. I spent most of the day with my auntie Rose. Her birthday is kind of a bummer, her husband and our beloved Uncle Bob died on that day. This year was her first without her sister Laura. My family, we got the tragedy thing down. But Lu (yeah I saw my sister) and I heard the Bob and Rose story and laughed and cried with her. My cousin Tony turned the 4-0 but in comparison Rose turning 91 was a bigger accomplishment. Of course I went to a birthday party. One, got me out of Texas in July. Two, get to see family at a happy occasion. Three, get to see my awesomest friend JRO. Again what is money if the experience is priceless!?
In other news I have taken the first step in going back to school. I met with several advisors and am sure to get one more in before I take the final plunge. Thinking accounting so I get to figure stuff out still but won't need to wear gloves to do it. Plus it fits our long term plan of living in the mountains. I know people might still need help with the books, taxes etc. Really doubtful anyone will need a current level of meprobamate in the blood, liver or stomach.
Time to watch the Tour come into my old city. Makes me laugh about the hype of the most beautiful street in the Champs Elysees. Only if you look down it, walking it is painful. Unless the hot wine guys are out in force. Three cheers for Cadel Evans and even more for Tom Danielson. Premier fois and he ranks in the top ten finishers, amazing. I watched this year more extensively than in years past. Just amazing that you can get your body to ride a bike 3000 miles. After the crashes that took out the big players in the first week, I had to watch. Plus gets me excited for a return trip to France and all the places I have to put on my "must see list". Vive le Tour! Enjoy my highlight pictures from 2008 when I too rode down the most beautiful avenue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the night stands and Jimbo can definitely say that people will always need help with their taxes. Kudos to Cadel! So glad that Contador was not on the podium and what a great Tour for the American teams!
If I get Jimbo's seal of approval, I know I am doing right.
Post a Comment