15 June 2011- Still actually typing on Wordless Wednesday but I am already sitting at the computer. So get ready.
Washed the dog today. Man he was dirty and no wonder my vacuum is needing some extra emptying, he is shedding like no other. I brushed a small dog off him while washing. Yes I get him white with the lather of the oatmeal shampoo. Then after a period outside barking (sorry neighbors) I brush again. More vacuuming. He is so handsome now.
Watched the movie "Midnight in Paris" and reminisced appropriately. I am currently listening to my French music. Nothing like "Rue Lepic". The movie had a very famous scene and setting. We spent many hours staring at the stairs of St. Etienne du Mont to have that one slip by. Cute movie.
Spent much dollars at the market. Gorgeous peppers and cucumbers. I also splurged on the melon. We have a huge chunk of water and canteloupe if any takers in the readers. I am willing to share. My eyes always buy too much.
Rachael Ray is my hero once again. For coming up with golden ideas for a 30 minute meals and now for the best side dishes this summer. I made her morrocan carrot salad, yummy. I will soon make the feta and water melon tabboleh salad, and yellow squash with ricotta and pasta. I have proscuitto as well so feel free to stop by Chez Nickell and ask for a meal. I will have to be generous to get this fresh food out while it is fresh.
off to bed while thinking of my dad. He has saved me several thousand dollars for having a 6 month policy with USAA in Germany 40 years ago. I added towing and road side assistance for $1 a month. Good bye AAA but you are too restrictive and no one travels like that anymore.
Interesting note of interest. President Obama is the first President since Kennedy to visit Puerto Rico. How on earth can that be right?
16 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment