07 December 2010

short funnies

My coworker tried out the new LED lights but he and his wife didn't like the blue tinted light.   Said it made them feel a bit Hannukah-esque instead of Christmas-y.  I laughed.  And I came home to my Muslim neighbor who has his LED lights on his balcony.  Just being green?
I have to restring my lights tonight.  Chad, the official professional engineer, did a full inspection and found that my outdoor rated plug has two other slots that are aimed right up to catch rain.  The only work around is to start them on the balcony.  Without a male to male connector, I must go up the ladder and flip.
Scored the best Monday mail karma ever.  I left work a bit before 11 to send out some holiday cheer.  I kept reciting a mantra of "no lines, no lines" and it worked.  I got into the first place in line and watched the queue fill in behind me.  In and out in under 10 minutes.  Thank you Postal Gods!

No comments: