15 November 2010

Again with the catch up!

15 November 2010-  What another week has gone by?  Cricky.  I am sorry but this whole working thing along with the computer now being a desktop, meaning I have to move off the couch to another room to type is exhausting.
I am now reverting to my 8 year old tricks.  I crash out on the couch about 3-4 times a week.  And this is with switching back to 8 am start time.  Not sure why, but some regular exercise better help with my stamina.
Went to the Nutcracker Market and got some supplies for a holiday party.  Cohosting this year.  Not sure who to invite?  Got some jalapeno honey goodness.  Oh lord is it good.  And of course vin chaud fixings.  No big sign marking a "Happy Holidays from the Nickells" I think we saw a good 10% of the attendees buying these things.  They must have a Christmas room.  I already have 2 bins and 2 fold flat trees, I am good.  It still won't go up until well after Thanksgiving.
Chad is ill again.  I swear since 2008, his lungs have not been right.  Maybe it was a slight case of bubonic plague or something.  2 years is a long time for lungs to burn.
Scared myself with the depths of my pop culture knowledge.  Chad had a bunch of untitled tracks on Itunes so I played "Name that Tune" with him.  I am scary good.  Why can't my brain be used for good and not evil?  Only comes in handy on a few occasions.  Oh well, my stupid human trick:  naming songs and artists.
Christmas music at the Kroger and all over the Galleria.  I had to go there for my Apple class.  Ugh, the Galleria parking at this time of year.  Tons of tourists  too.  Pictures of the line at Starbucks and the tree at the skating rink.
The temperature has dipped again and stuck for a few days.  Means I got to dust off my stew and soup cookbook.  I made beef and beer stew on Saturday (more Julia Child than you'd think) and pork and wild rice chili.  It needed a bit more spice but good and toasty.  More of that to come if the weather stays chilly.
The newest addition to Chez Nickell arrives on Friday.  We bought a new fridge to replace the broken one in our kitchen.  Not broken broken but the ice chute doesn't seal so the nice moist Houston air gets in and forms ice crystals on everything.  A $500 fix (not covered by warranty, as it was not wear/tear) but for $1200 we could get a brand new LG 4 door fridge.  Thats right, plenty of room for pizza boxes and Berli will get endless treats from his working treat dispenser.  Pictures to follow.
Bon semaine a tous!

No comments: