23 August 2010- I was never so proud of my dad as I was this past Friday. At his internment service, full military style, was the VFW honor guard and two lovely AF honor guardsmen. My heart was sad but soared when they crisply folded up the flag and presented it to my mother with the whole " on behalf of the president of the united states and the US military, we thank you for your husband's service." Amazing. So beats my last patriotic moment at being at Utah Beach America Cememtery and hearing the National Anthem. Pretty proud. I like to think he is proud of us for keeping my mom happy and getting her healthy in all aspects.
I would like to point out that I have once again cleaned out a fridge and packed a house for the 4th time since June. Maybe this is my calling, does a heart good to throw away the junk that clutters our life.
23 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment