Not approved by the Smith system of driving but I had to snap this off. Most people think Chad does nothing but really, here you go. Uncle Al!
Hill country right before you hit West Texas. Ugh.
Didn't bother to get the camera out again until I hit Tucson. Ah, memory lane. The flags at Old Main.
How much money did I give to these ladies when they had a cart? Now because of me, they have running water. Well placed next to Old Chem and right across from the Union.
My old Park Avenue digs, the Manzanita Mohave residence hall. Oh plenty of memories. No more Carl's Junior right across the street. The owner must have retired early and moved to the islands.
Old Chem
Another place that got plenty of my money, Gentle Bens. I finally have the taste for IPA so I dove in. Not more than 2 since I was still driving to Phoenix.
Darn Blogger and upload. A preview of Junior and Berli co-existing. More on that later.
I helped clean out and document my parents' storage unit. Too hot for my dad to tell me what to keep so I photo-ed it all and he got to scroll thru the pictures. Check out this hottie, plenty of photos of her.
My aunt decided to come down and check on her sister (my mom) herself. We were feeling no pain this evening.
Us good looking Ashby kids!
Overall a long extended trip back home. I would like to think I helped out. My parents are just getting older, less mobile, less healthy. Be out again soon but on the plane. A third trip across TX would do me in.
I did the driving back with the dog by myself. Probably good as the truck was full up on the trip back. I had to unpack to get the dog out at the rest stops. By the way, many are closed in AZ, have information booths in NM, and the toilets have AC in TX. AC in the toilets, are you kidding me? Plenty of good oak tree grass paths in TX too. Berli and I give them a big paw's up.
Berli is adjusting to life at Chez Nickell. He made it up the stairs once by himself. His old legs are just not what they used to be. He is still good to walk around the block and scare the old ladies in the neighborhood.
Junior is adjusting as well. We have to block off the stairs, don't want the Berls to slip in the dark. Junior couldn't figure out a way around, so we forged a path. A bit skittish but he is giving the guy the full treatment. I found a big loogey on the cat's back so I know Berli did a full inspection. Better on the back than the head. Since Junior is part ninja, he is much faster at avoiding the slower older Berli dog.
Much love to my friends who have been amazing during this dare I say, rough transition back to life in the states. Just plenty of "Sound of Sunshine" song on the radio and my shining puppy dog's face.

No comments:
Post a Comment