04 February 2010

Word play


4 February 2010- I swear I am doing something with my time here. Learning about all the things the english got wrong but cleverly. Take a look at this picture. Clever little sconces right. Hands that are candle holders. Perhaps a candle - a - bra meaning a candle arm. Oh so clever this English were at bastardizing words to create a new one, candelabra. Knowing that the some many French words are just wrong once they make it to english (rendezvous=meeting or appointment versus the kind of sly connotation in english, entree=entry to the meal, not the meal itself, seduction=appeal or charm, not at all what the english means), it is refreshing to hear one that kind of makes sense.
Chad is in jolly ol' England drinking beer. Its okay, I did it last week without him. He comes home Friday to get ready for his 10K run on Sunday. Nothing big this weekend, just a plate of carbs for the guy Saturday night. Another round of free Museum Sunday, trying to get a friend to play along.
I think today is movie day. Just got to see what is playing where. I missed the rollerderby movie with Ellen Page. Here it was called Bliss but I saw a preview for it in our latest monthly DVD and found the true title Whip It. Ah, the French and their movies. By the way, they scrolled the Oscar announcements along the bottom of the news when they were announced. A la CNN but really, scrolling Oscar announcements? Again, the French and their movies.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

You aren't running this weekend too? Enjoy movie day!