Robear (hiding his real name in French pronounciation) was to receive an I heart Paris t-shirt for falling asleep in the concert at Notre Dame. Wednesday was a busy day and no shopping was accomplished. Thursday was full as well and no "I heart" shirt was acquired. He should fully expect to receive one in the mail. I promise to post the picture when that happens.
New Year's Eve was spent wandering and shopping. Our guests saw the grocery cart ride the escalator at the store. We had a few primer drinks to prepare for the festivities. We ate a dinner of appetizers from my favorite, Picard. I opened the box of 30 gougeres (cheese puffs) with the idea of only cooking 10. Yeah, the whole box was consumed. I have a recipe if anyone wants one. I can buy mine and make them "homemade" in my oven. We headed over to a friends' for their view of Eiffel Tower and loads of champagne.
Something must have struck me as funny. Maybe Chad's headband?
I had donated my magnum I purchased in Epernay. It made a huge bang when Chad fired it off the 9th floor balcony. The cork was retrieved as we left the party.
One of these people did not go to school in Colorado. Must be me!
Once again I have walked home on New Year's Eve. Bus was a long wait time and taxi stands were crowded. We were craving Taco Bell or pizza as a snack but the pancakes I whipped up had to do the trick. Bonne Annee et Bonne Sante!

No comments:
Post a Comment